Saturday, December 26, 2009
here's a look I did for a girlfriend's birthday party a couple weeks ago. I've got this bold lippie obsession going right now. I convinced myself over Thanksgiving that I needed a fiyah red lippie in my life. So I went to Mac with intentions of getting Viva Glam 1 but got side tracked and started looking for hot pink..... The original look was to contain Mac Funtabulous dazzleglass on top of this Magenta lipliner but I chickened out and just did the Magenta all over for this look.
Check me out! I"m really digging the look! i'm always doing nude lips and bold eyes so this was a fresh new look for me. Let me know if you like it!
face: mac studio fix fluid
milani bronzer duo for contouring
mac Rose Quartz blush
NYX blush mosaic (just on the apples)
mac naked lunch
ardell lashes--dont know the number...same old pair.
mac magenta l/l
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
*all Mac unless noted*
NC45 Studio Tech foundation (brush was sprayed with Fix+ prior)
NC45 liquid concealer
Slave to Love blush
88 warm palette
-9th column; second from the bottom for the lid
-10th column; 5th from the bottom blended up from crease
-7th column; 6th from the bottom for highlighter
-last column; 3rd from the bottom for outer V
Mac equivalents: Trax, Wedge, Brule, Embark, Seedy Pearl
NYX Toast l/l
NYX Lala l/s
Frozen Dream l/g
Monday, July 13, 2009
Anywho, just thought I'd pass on the info. I know we're all looking for a way to save a buck on our addictions these days.
have a good day!
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
This most recent haul is TheIslandBeauty fault. She is super talented so check out her tuts. She posted a http://www.nonpareilboutique.com/ haul where the NYX round lipsticks were $1.90!!!!! HOW THE HELL WAS I SUPPOSED TO PASS THAT UP????????????? not possible.... Everything I used in this look totalled $13! (not counting foundation/base)
Anywho, I'll do a haul video on that order in a few but in the meantime, here's a look I did using some of the things i got. Products listed at the end
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
First of I'd like to thank God and the Academy....
ok serious time, this really means alot to me. It's always nice to hear that you inspired someone. I feel like i'm always looking for inspiration and just hoping and praying that someone is inspired by something I do.
I like the idea of this award so I'm following the rules and passing it on.
The Adorable Blog Award Rules are:
Include the award logo in your blog or post.
Nominate as many blogs which you like.
Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
Share the love and link to this post and to the person from whom you received your award
1)Tam (Get it Girl Style)--this chic has style!! from clothes to home decor. All together just classy
There are loads more I love and would like to nominate, but I fear I may be here all day if I do! :-)
Sunday, June 14, 2009
My first idea was to use MUFE 92 in the look but then at the last minute decided on using Mac Electric Eel. The last time I wore it was about 6 years ago and my mom said 'o that's just way too much blue' when she saw me *insert sad face here*. Well since that day, i've been scared to wear it out...much less to a wedding.
In the pan it looks very blue, but when you put it next to another blue (Mac Deep Truth), you can really see the green in it come through.
Hope you like it!
***I did a tutorial on this look. I still need to edit it though so look for the link on here or on youtube in the next couple days :-)
Saturday, June 6, 2009
I don't have a tutorial on this look but i've gotten alot of requests for it so i think i'm gonna do one!
What I used:
all mac unless noted
Revlon colorstay liquid foundation in caramel
select coverup concealer in nc40 (or 45...need to check..i have too many)
Nars Deep Throat blush
bobbie brown rich brown e/s
loreal linear intense liquid liner
Viva glam 5 l/g
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Check them out: http://www.powderpuffbeauty.com/
I will also say that their neutral palette is GORGEOUS in person and my sis has used it and loves it. I will be ordering another one!
I also did a tutorial on this look. check me out!
Indoor lighting....I like how the sheen of the blush looks indoors
i'm so sorry!! to all my subscribers, i've seen all the messages you've sent me. I just flat out haven't had time to respond. i know, i suck.
So, to make up for the time i've been gone, I'm going to be doing quite a few posts in the next couple weeks and we'll call it a truce. cool? good.... ;-)
New York Makeup Show 2009--I was there!!!!
New York Makeup Show 2009 Mega Haul--I need to be beaten for this one. you'll see...
Coral/Salmon summer look
Hot Neutral look--yes it's possible. HA!
Lush reviews--(Sweet Japanese Girl, Herbalism, Tea Tree tablets, various bath bombs, various bath soaps)
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
In the look below, i combined it with a violet and hot pink e/s to get a very dramatic party look. don't ask me what the sparkles are on my eye on that one pic..... my camera does funny stuff some times.
hope you like it!!! I'm not done editing the tut but there IS one so stay tuned :-) also, I will be uploading some more pics later with better angles so you can really see the colors.
Sunday, March 1, 2009
here's the look i did with 2 of the colors this weekend. I can't wait to do a look with the pink!!!
all Mac unless otherwise stated...
Studio Fix Fluid NC45
NC45 select cover up concealer
Slave to Love blush
Soft Ochre paint pot
Stately Black---see, you can't get caught up in color names..it will throw you off!!!
Cork--you could just use any neutral taupe-y color
Nars Sand Piper l/g (this is what was on first but i was eating all day and chewed most of it off)
Viva Glam 6 l/g (layered on top of the sand piper after it wore off)
Friday, February 6, 2009
so basically I have to go through the list and whatever's in red, i've done. I added some notes for fun
1. Started your own blog -- You're reading it now
2. Slept under the stars--i dont do outside
3. Played in a band --- flute--4 years; taught myself to play the clarinet for 2 years. never went to band camp though.... LOL
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland--what about disneyworld???
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child--not yet
16. Had food poisoning---ack!! 2 months ago. i thought i was going to meet Jesus
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked--by the grace of God i'm still here to talk about it. just stupid....
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill--i'm gonna bold and italicize this...LOL
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse -- Not the one that hurts your eyes. The other one.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset --- Both.
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors ---i'm Jamaican so sort of...been to jamaica plenty of times but never Africa
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo's David
41. Sung karaoke -i love singing Proud Mary
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing--been twice. LOVED it!
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie--what about a home movie? LMAO! ;-)
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma --and this is when i find out i'm anemic :-(
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy--cabbage patch kid
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar --- yuck!
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London.
77. Broken a bone--only fractured it
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper ---all the time in high school
85. Read the entire Bible -- like cover to cover?? sadly, no.
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating -- Does fish count?
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous--Shaq when i was in college...we went to the same school
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one -- Grandmas :(
94. Had a baby--9 months ago
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a lawsuit
98. Owned a cellphone---about 4
99. Been stung by a bee
100. Read an entire book in one day
now you try it out!!!
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
So last weekend me, my sister, my friend Meci and her mom ventured to what seems the place where all wigs are born. my sister had been telling me about this place but i hadnt had time to make it over on that side of town in a while. So imagine my face when i walked in the door---SWEET BABY JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG there were wigs EVERYWHERE. and if you've ever been to a cluttered beauty supply, you can appreciate one that is not cluttered where you can walk freely down the aisles. this one was so organized and uncluttered so i could actually THINK in there. I promise you, there were at least 300 wigs, about a bazillion kinds of weaving hair. OMG i'm still not even able to process it all but I was in heaven i tell you.
After trying on at least 50 wigs (i'm not even exaggerating....), I finally narrowed it down to 3. This Marilyn Monroe meets a toy poodle is one of them. LOL! that's my only description of it...and not a good one at that. it makes me feel all summery and playful when i put it on :-) So i decided to do a whole summery golden look that can be worn with ANYTHING. it's so simple too. watch the tut and you'll see. I didnt edit anything out either so what you see, that's it!!!
and i did a tutorial on the look--its pretty neutral but just sunkissed and golden http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sOxy5Roj4I hope ya'll like it!!
Friday, January 30, 2009
and here is the tutorial to go with it:
Monday, January 26, 2009
Friday, January 23, 2009
THANKS RetailMajorStylist20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)
Thursday, January 15, 2009
here is the tut!